by John Rocco
The rats are in the park tonight eating
and the streets and the buildings and the lights
are alive in New York
eating too, eating cars and birds
and electricity, the Mother Load
surging through her veins
turning all our dicks to stone.
I’m dying to get my hero’s rocks off
forever and however
she, Bronx Siren, won’t see me
claiming she needs to do laundry,
see her parents, paint the house.
It seems to be a poor excuse to
not hit the concrete sheets
to make us complete
in the stars of tonight born today.
June 6, 2009
- ► 2010 (221)
- My Country Right But Wrong
- THE MAD GIRL, NOW WITH TIME FREE, JUST MAKES LISTS...
- THE MAD GIRL REMEMBERS THE ROOM UNDERGROUND
- Murray & Marie
- Literary Critic
- Adderall Floating Island Dream
- Miscommunicating by Poetry or My 2nd Ever Alyssa P...
- Golden Boy
- THE MAD GIRL REMEMBERS THAT YEAR ALL SHE LOOKED FO...
- THE MAD GIRL DREAMS SHE’S ALLERGIC TO CORDUROY
- The Night
- He was clueless in Gaza
- Day of the Dead
- THE MAD GIRL WAKES UP, DARKNESS BLOATING INSIDE HE...
- I Should Know By Now
- Looking For Answers
- No I’m Not Happy To Be Alive
- VASELINA ON MY MIND
- Wax Stripper
- THE MAD GIRL THINKS OF OTHER DECEMBERS
- I Made This Poem Up
- Letter to Pris
- Loving Norman
- THE MAD GIRL WANTS JULY TO SLOW DOWN
- Linda’s Place
- She Says I Like the Sun and She Likes the Night
- THE MAD GIRL ON HER MAD GIRL POEMS
- Glad that’s over with
- Holiday in Guantanamo Bay
- ▼ June (33)