by Randall Rogers
They say we’re only dancing
on this Earth for a short time
my problem is I don’t dance.
dancing is for pussies.
so let me bait you instead
Islam is fundamentally flawed
as are all the religions
You fucking German war pigs.
Jesus, Muhammad, all charlatans
But with Buddha no ‘out there’ God
directing traffic down here
that can be called on to control
things, actions, cure diseases miraculously
Nobody to pray to at night pleading
“Dear God,” “Help, I need help, again,” and then
always ending the prayer with “and please make me a better writer
and guitar player and get recognized
and get the fame and the groupies
and may I grow old gracefully
get a grizzled old man good-looking face
that can still attract young and older women
and help me to curtail the panic attack freak-outs
that send me to the emergency ward where I get a room and
regular shots of liquid Valium.”
No God out there to call for help on that stuff
according to the Buddhists
it’s all inside
gotta discover or bring it out
and we are but a drop in the ocean of All.
- ► 2010 (221)
- My Country Right But Wrong
- THE MAD GIRL, NOW WITH TIME FREE, JUST MAKES LISTS...
- THE MAD GIRL REMEMBERS THE ROOM UNDERGROUND
- Murray & Marie
- Literary Critic
- Adderall Floating Island Dream
- Miscommunicating by Poetry or My 2nd Ever Alyssa P...
- Golden Boy
- THE MAD GIRL REMEMBERS THAT YEAR ALL SHE LOOKED FO...
- THE MAD GIRL DREAMS SHE’S ALLERGIC TO CORDUROY
- The Night
- He was clueless in Gaza
- Day of the Dead
- THE MAD GIRL WAKES UP, DARKNESS BLOATING INSIDE HE...
- I Should Know By Now
- Looking For Answers
- No I’m Not Happy To Be Alive
- VASELINA ON MY MIND
- Wax Stripper
- THE MAD GIRL THINKS OF OTHER DECEMBERS
- I Made This Poem Up
- Letter to Pris
- Loving Norman
- THE MAD GIRL WANTS JULY TO SLOW DOWN
- Linda’s Place
- She Says I Like the Sun and She Likes the Night
- THE MAD GIRL ON HER MAD GIRL POEMS
- Glad that’s over with
- Holiday in Guantanamo Bay
- ▼ June (33)