by Brian Rosenberger
And the editor says after rejecting my submitted poem
"gonna pass on this one but keep submitting. and why only one poem? send at least 3, man. write a poem about the bottle. nothing like a good i'm drunk poem. sure worked for Buk."
And I can’t argue that.
But my counter point is
I punch neither clock nor spouse nor canine and unless you’re signing my paycheck, you get what I give.
In total sincerity, most drunks worry less about stanzas and sonnets
than where the next round is coming from.
I’ve got the green for this one.
*Brian's homepage: http://home.earthlink.net/~brosenberger
- ► 2010 (221)
- My Country Right But Wrong
- THE MAD GIRL, NOW WITH TIME FREE, JUST MAKES LISTS...
- THE MAD GIRL REMEMBERS THE ROOM UNDERGROUND
- Murray & Marie
- Literary Critic
- Adderall Floating Island Dream
- Miscommunicating by Poetry or My 2nd Ever Alyssa P...
- Golden Boy
- THE MAD GIRL REMEMBERS THAT YEAR ALL SHE LOOKED FO...
- THE MAD GIRL DREAMS SHE’S ALLERGIC TO CORDUROY
- The Night
- He was clueless in Gaza
- Day of the Dead
- THE MAD GIRL WAKES UP, DARKNESS BLOATING INSIDE HE...
- I Should Know By Now
- Looking For Answers
- No I’m Not Happy To Be Alive
- Wax Stripper
- THE MAD GIRL THINKS OF OTHER DECEMBERS
- I Made This Poem Up
- Letter to Pris
- Loving Norman
- THE MAD GIRL WANTS JULY TO SLOW DOWN
- Linda’s Place
- She Says I Like the Sun and She Likes the Night
- THE MAD GIRL ON HER MAD GIRL POEMS
- Glad that’s over with
- Holiday in Guantanamo Bay
- ▼ June (32)