January 12, 2009

Mother, Edith, at 98

by Michael Lee Johnson

Edith, in this nursing home
blinded with macular degeneration,
I come to you with your blurry
eyes, crystal sharp mind,
your countenance of grace−
as yesterday's winds
I have chosen to consume you
and take you away.

"Oh, where did Jesus disappear
to?", she murmured,
over and over again,
in a low voice
dripping words
like a leaking faucet:
"Oh, there He is my
Angel of the coming."


*Michael's website:
http://poetryman.mysite.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this man's poetry. I,ve seen him in many places on the net. Great imagery.

Lenord Collins.

Anonymous said...

I have been bгowsing online mοгe than three hours
today, yet I nevег found any inteгesting artіcle liκe yοurs.
It іѕ pretty wοгth enough for me.
Іn mу ѵiew, if аll website ownerѕ аnd blοggers
made gooԁ сontent аs you dіd,
the internet ωill be much more useful thаn ever bеfoге.


Review my blog post: how to buy and sell cars guide

Post a Comment