May 24, 2009

My Apology in the Devil’s Doorway

by John Rocco

I must apologize for a lot
including the recent
global economic collapse.
It’s all my fault.

About a year and a half ago
I pulled a Henry Miller eating
rye bread in Eraserhead’s room
smelling of old guy’s guilt
fuck that I said
smoked it like a bomber
flying fortress of death
and they washed him out
with a hose. I went to
Coney Island and
met the Coney Island Bird Girl.
Looking at the real dirty ocean
I took some
time off from worrying
about the monster ocean of bullshit.

So a year
and a half ago
I just stopped.
I stopped
paying and you
know what happened?
Lots of mail and phone calls
war
the stock market collapsed
people murdered their families
every commercial and sitcom
telling us we’re all broke.

I admit it, it’s all my fault.
The only country I didn’t
fuck up was Norway
because I forgot about
Norway but I’ll get Norway
next time.

Tonight, my apology is happy
standing in the Devil’s Doorway
she calls it
the girl who is not here
in the Mexican bar
in Corona, Queens
tequila shots
missing 6 innings of the Mets game
the stadium named after
a broke bank
and they lose anyway.


*John Rocco at MySpace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=292819823

0 comments:

Post a Comment