April 29, 2010

Pabst Blue Ribbon

by John Rocco

“Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!”
--Frank Booth in BLUE VELVET


It’s the middle of the day
so I take the day by the throat
with a 40oz of Pabst Blue Ribbon
but when I open it in the car
at the red light
there isn’t beer inside
but a fucking fat-ass genie
all black cartoon moustaches and blubber cheeks.

I’m bitterly disappointed to have him
in the bulging passenger’s seat but he promises
to grant me three wishes and I
automatically unconsciously consciously
wish back that day last summer when she
was my personal soul Hammer above the rocks and the waves.

I wouldn’t change anything about it
the sweet painful loss of her
the day long grinning at its end
when she wouldn’t get into my car
riding her rusty bicycle home.

*John Rocco at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/29281


0 comments:

Post a Comment