April 9, 2009

Something To Wander About

by Randall Rogers

Some mornings a few years ago
but rarely now
when I go to sleep at
night
I don’t want to wake up in the morning
back then, when dawn came
I was already depressed
thinking about the depressing
day ahead of me
and all the other ones I’ll suffer through till I die
it is at this time
the individual needs
the solace and escape-invigoration-inspiration
of mostly the illegal drugs
to my way of thought, suicide could be the result of the patient’s lack of the beneficial restorative (of the will to live) of illegal
drug treatment
“I’ll tell you one thing,” the youngish guy from Alabama told me, a guy who sounded like and I’m almost sure had more than his share of cracker in him. The intelligent un educated American said, pointing to my stash of methamphetamine “that there is the best cure for depression.”
Nowadays nary a day goes by
when I don’t take his hillbilly advice
and I don’t imbibe in this supposedly most noxious
of life destroying evilest most sinister and detestable in its powerfully addictive effects chemical – hell bathroom cleaning product, Vick’s inhalers and battery acid consisting of the most feared lethal dangerous deadly destructive of our youth and the older folk illegal drug substance
and taking this “Nazi Speed” I’m like Mr. Confidence and poem essay short story producing like a madman, like a Philip K. Dick and Ginsy
it’s kind of like in Cowboy times with me and writing, back then it was the whiskey talkin’
here in the Twenty first of these centuries we got the tweakers poeticizin’
I believe sort of firmly in this
the idea of safe irresponsible drug use to offset the plastic fake phoniness effect of our consumer propagandist and TV movie defining unable to self actualize in a false values, pitch person shaped desires, created fake unfulfilling even when the wants desires expressed as needs are abundantly met/filled social organizational goal
Wealth accumulation as the ultimate goal and retail therapy make for a full unfullfillment in the beginning and end
the great Walter Benjamin was not wrong when he suggested
the anomic and egoistic disruptions of a person’s life
the detrimental effects causing social and psychological states inimical to the continued survival of the tormented dude or dudette, may be offset by the effects of drugs. Mostly the drug effects of what are currently (2009) considered drugs of the illegal kind.
Personally I suggest the use of strong marijuana, type
cannabis sativa, soil grown, from Jamaica.
Show me a higher breed of cat than the Rasta? As energetically and I suppose happily bursting into song so suddenly it makes one jump startled a people I’ve ever come across.

0 comments:

Post a Comment