April 15, 2009

Houses of Decay

by John Rocco

In the bar
again
Chris is buying for a change
and he tells me he just
went to the dentist
who told him his teeth
were all loose
but it was the same
with everyone else
all his patients over
the last year coming
to him with loose teeth
cracked teeth, teeth on edge,
unhappy houses of decay.
He told Chris he had
twenty-year-old
patients with cracked teeth
from tension, teeth
grinding breaking
against each other
because of the global
economic collapse
tooth decay bailouts for the banks.


My tongue to my teeth
hard and unloose
eating dollars
cracking coins
punched with vodka breakfast
washed in beer for lunch
colored with the smoke of dinner
my houses of decay
pulsating in rot riot
tight and happy
because I will stick
my tongue in her mouth tonight.


*John Rocco at MySpace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=292819823

0 comments:

Post a Comment