December 8, 2008

No Catchy Title

by Misti Rainwater-Lites

husband sprays himself with foul deodorant
to disguise his b.o.
he’s off to the post office
to mail two packages to eBay customers
baby is sleeping
mama is looking with dread
at drawers that need to be organized
wondering where in the hell
the student loan correspondence is
no side effects from Cymbalta
insurance is too expensive
can always go to Mexico
and load up on meds
almost Halloween
wearing a mask
once a year
is not enough
there should be more days
of hiding behind something
more days of treats
without tricks
am I whining out loud again?
so sorry
give me five seconds
to stiffen my upper lip
put on my big girl panties
and pull up the straps
of my combat boots


*Misti's blog: http://chupacabradisco.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment